• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Ontario No More

The alternate scenario is simple--just get rid of the province of Ontario, thus connecting the Great Lakes to Hudson Bay.

Now let's focus on just one region of the United States, the Midwest. Without the existence of Ontario or the Great Lakes, would we see a tornado-free northeastern Nebraska without sacrificing the entire Midwest's prairie fertility in the process?

LuxMyalis

Acolyte
As someone from Ontario, I found the title of this post to be curious...reading the actual post made me burst into laughter. :D

Tis and interesting question you pose.

Russ

Istar
I hope someone with the unique skill set to actually answer your question comes along and does so. I think people with that knowledge base are more likely found on science or meteorology boards, but you may get lucky here.

But, I too, confess I am an Ontarian and could not help but see the humour in the thread title. At least you stopped me before I started Upper Canada jokes.

Penpilot

Staff
Article Team
This is serious.

I don't think they meant any disrespect or harm. There was an opportunity for humor and they took it.

The fact is this is difficult question to answer in a forum full of writers. To venture a guess, not too many climatologists, geologists, or -ists in general hang out here. So most answers would be more or less complete speculation.

One of the things I've heard of writers doing is contacting professors at universities and asking them about technical things like this. Not only are they more qualified, they generally love talking about their field of study.

Reaver

Staff
Three cheers for all Canadians! You gave us these comedy icons, so on behalf of the USA, I thank you!

O_Canada.jpg