• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Humanoid Wolf Bond

caters

Sage
When Lisa's parents die she goes out into the wilderness at 15. She then starts crying, a lot. Her parents loved her so much and their death is just awful for her. Too awful to be anywhere near her home.

Robin was sort of in the same situation when he was 5, but he had his grandparents a few hours away from home and Lisa was a day away from Robin's grandparents.

Lisa has no other family close by. Robin has been surviving in the wild for years but is nowhere near Lisa, at least not yet.

A lone female wolf happens to be nearby when Lisa is out in the wilderness. In my story, Lisa and this female wolf form a bond that lasts for years and years. The female wolf happens to be pregnant.

Could it be that Lisa crying sounds similar to that of a wolf pup and that the female wolf itself hasn't had much success in hunting due to pregnancy? Could that be why the bond is formed between Lisa and the wolf?

If so, then there is are advantages for both Lisa and the wolf.

Lisa gets comforted by the wolf and thus doesn't cry as much from the death of her parents.

The wolf doesn't need to hunt because Lisa does the hunting for her. This means that when she has the pups, more time can be devoted to them. The wolf not doing the hunting also makes the wolf more docile and thus Lisa gets less bites and scratches.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
If a hungry pregnant wolf can't hunt its usual prey as well as it needs to, I would guess that it would look out for an easier meal [like a crying girl, alone in the woods and not paying attention]. If the girl could feed the wolf before it decides to attack, it might make sense for the wolf to hang around.
I'm sure I read somewhere that wolves will hunt frogs and the like when pregnant. They are smaller meals but are easier to catch.

Hi,

Who's Robin and how does he fit into this? And shouldn't a she wolf pregnant with cubs be with her pack? Why isn't she? And yeah, like the others, a girl crying in the woods alone? Sounds like a meal to me!

Cheers, Greg.

Futhark

Inkling
COJ got me thinking. Maybe the wolf is injured, and that's why she was abandoned by the pack, and Lisa can feed her til she's better, and that's how the bond gets formed?

When Lisa's parents die she goes out into the wilderness at 15. She then starts crying, a lot. Her parents loved her so much and their death is just awful for her. Too awful to be anywhere near her home.

Robin was sort of in the same situation when he was 5, but he had his grandparents a few hours away from home and Lisa was a day away from Robin's grandparents.

Lisa has no other family close by. Robin has been surviving in the wild for years but is nowhere near Lisa, at least not yet.

A lone female wolf happens to be nearby when Lisa is out in the wilderness. In my story, Lisa and this female wolf form a bond that lasts for years and years. The female wolf happens to be pregnant.

Could it be that Lisa crying sounds similar to that of a wolf pup and that the female wolf itself hasn't had much success in hunting due to pregnancy? Could that be why the bond is formed between Lisa and the wolf?

If so, then there is are advantages for both Lisa and the wolf.

Lisa gets comforted by the wolf and thus doesn't cry as much from the death of her parents.

The wolf doesn't need to hunt because Lisa does the hunting for her. This means that when she has the pups, more time can be devoted to them. The wolf not doing the hunting also makes the wolf more docile and thus Lisa gets less bites and scratches.

It depends on how much sentience you give the wolf. From a story aspect yes it makes sense, from real life no XD but suspend disbelief is what I always say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stardeath

Acolyte
Wolf packs tend to stick together no matter how hard or troubled the circumstances. So, the wolf getting abandoned by her pack, and that too in an injured and pregnant state is highly unlikely.
And about the bond, two ladies, even if they are of different species can forma natural bond if they see each other in dire states. Lisa may be crying, and seem weak, but I guess the wolf can look past that and figure out that she could be of help in getting her food. As for Lisa herself, she's just lost her family, even a wolf and her cubs, when they come, will be good company than no one else. So, they both stick around, learn to communicate despite differences and form a bond that transcends even the difference between species.