• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Virus can be transmitted in just about every way possible

caters

Sage
The virus that causes Viral TB can be transmitted in just about every way possible unlike most viruses which stick to a few ways of being transmitted.

Here are those routes of transmission from most common to most rare:

1. Airborne
  2. Waterborne
  3. Foodborne
  4. Direct contact
  5. Vector
  6. Injection
  7. Sex
  8. Pregnancy

If it is airborne, early Viral TB can be mistaken for the flu. It causes respiratory symptoms within minutes to hours until it finally gets deep into the lungs and causes double pneumonia(pneumonia in both lungs).

If it is waterborne or foodborne, the digestive system will be infected first but foodborne transmission is less common because chemical digestion lowers the survivability of the virus.

If it is from direct contact which includes these forms of transmission:

• Contact with dry skin that is infected with Viral TB
  • Sweat
  • Bleeding wound
  • Nasal mucus and saliva touching skin

it will cause a skin infection which along with other things produces an itchy rash all over.

Vectors can transmit it from humanoid to humanoid. The most common vector for disease is the mosquito. The mosquito can take blood from an infected person and inject the virus into an uninfected person via its saliva. This leads me right to the next most rare cause, injection. This is rarer but it still happens. Both of these cause sepsis which along with other things can lead to some very severe consequences. Here are some of those:

• Anemia
  • Bleeding(this is primarily due to vasculitis)
  • Pancarditis(usually goes from endocardium to pericardium)

Sexual transmission is worse than any of the other more common routes of transmission. This leads to a low sperm count in males and amenorrhea in females. Both of these lower the risk of pregnancy and most pregnancies will end in a miscarriage if the virus is sexually transmitted.

Pregnancy is the most rare route of transmission and is also the worst route of transmission. Now when I say that pregnancy is a route of transmission, I mean that it wasn't transmitted via sex. Rather, the virus crosses over from the mother's bloodstream to the baby's bloodstream. This almost always leads to stillbirth due to defects caused by the virus and when it doesn't lead to stillbirth, the baby still usually dies within hours to days after birth due to defects and dehydration.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
I would reduce the list to just four as Vector, Injection, Sex, and Pregnancy are all just variants of Direct Contact.
More unusual ones, to be true, but all direct contact in one way or another.
Actually I'm not sure what Vector is as I thought all of them were transmission vectors... The Mosquito is just one possibility.

caters

Sage
Well you see, I separated those from direct contact not because they aren't direct contact but because in those 4 cases, the infection doesn't start in the skin. And a vector is an animal(insect or not) that transmits disease from an infected person or animal to an uninfected person or animal. Mosquitoes, tsetse flies, and fleas are just a few out of lots of vectors.

But out of all the vectors there are, mosquitoes are the ones most likely to transmit disease because there are lots of mosquitoes pretty much all over the world and mosquitoes transmit a lot of diseases.