• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

My Take on Fairies

Ewolf20

Minstrel
So we all know the usual Tinkerbell stereotype right? How about taking fairies back to their roots while adding a nice insect-themed touch to it. in other words, they're essentially bug people.

This race is called the Fynari, a collection of sub-races (tribes) that reside in the realm of Magzaria. I have yet to make a map of it but to give you a basic idea, it's comprised of two landmasses and several islands. The landmass to the left is home to the Seenali, the insectlike Fynari while the landmass to the right is home to the Unseeka, the arachnid Fynari. The two used to wage war against each until they came to the conclusion of a passing a peace treaty. however, prejudice between the 2 sub-races still remained.

Upon first meeting the humans several thousand years ago, the humans have mistaken them for mythical beast which inspired many myths of Gods and creatures of old. although peace had lasted for many centuries, the connection between Magzaria and Earth have since been severed. But earth still has a connection to Magzaria, albeit, it has cause conditions in Magzaria to worsen somewhat due to Earth's constant population. The last thing to mention, the fynari have a group of powerful warriors who can wield the powers of nature in order to keep the balance between two worlds.

If anyone has any questions, just ask and also tell me any of your thoughts on this.

Ewolf20

Minstrel
This is the better version:

So we all know the usual Tinkerbell stereotype right? How about taking fairies back to their roots while adding a nice insect-themed touch to it. in other words, they're essentially bug people.

This race is called the Fynari, a collection of sub-races (tribes) that reside in the realm of Magzaria. I have yet to make a map of it but to give you a basic idea, it's comprised of two landmasses and several islands. The landmass to the left is home to the Seenali, the insectlike Fynari while the landmass to the right is home to the Unseeka, the arachnid Fynari. The two used to wage war against each until they came to the conclusion of a passing a peace treaty. however, prejudice between the two sub-races still remained.

several thousand years ago, the Fynari found a portal in the middle of a pond that leads to a place called earth. this was here that they meet the inhabitants of his realm, Humans. The Fynari were mistaken by the humans for mythical beast which inspired many myths about Gods and creatures of old. Although peace had lasted for many centuries, the connection between Magzaria and Earth have since been severed. But earth still has a connection to Magzaria, albeit, it has cause conditions in Magzaria to worsen somewhat due to Earth's constant pollution. for the last thing to mention: the fynari have a group of powerful warriors who can wield the powers of nature in order to keep the balance between two worlds.

If anyone has any questions, just ask and also tell me any of your thoughts on this.

Viorp

Minstrel
Insect faries sounds nice.

I had subverted fairies once myself too.
In my world they basically all act like the mother from Kill la kill.

They are the creations of "god" which are supposed to eforce equality between lifeforms in the multiverse.
They are very strong, beutiful and graceful while on top of that there being basically an infinite amount of them.

elemtilas

Inkling
This is the better version:

Insect like fairies per se are not new (you can find loads of books and Youtube videos with them), though I like the direction you're going with this!

Ewolf20

Minstrel
Aw thanks you guys, although I plan on using other species of insects like beetles and true bugs. Heck, one of the main characters is a water strider.

Annoyingkid

Banned
What's the conflict with relation to humans, too much pollution overwhelming their nature magic, causing disasters in both worlds? Something like that?