• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Maps

Eeirail

Scribe
I am at a stand still with the making of a map, I do not know what I want to do with it, I am actually asking for some serious advice here.
The things I have to take into consideration are; Multiple species of creatures, about forty-six races of "people", Religion seperates the "countries, planets, groups of people ECT." and technologic advances.

Just making a sort of vote here and I would like to know what ups and downs I would have to these suggestions.

- Unstead of one planet, place the different people on different worlds.
- Make it a large system of islands.
- Make it a series of different Diminsions.
- One huge mass of land with all of the places connected.
- OTHER.

Last edited:

T.Allen.Smith

Staff
This is hard to comment on without knowing the story. If your choices are that varied it seems you have a lot of other world, character, & story building to do before you worry about a map.

Eeirail

Scribe
I have alot of things on this, I edited the top a little, I am not used to posting things in forums, I have pretty much been working on this project alone, but I achieved a fair amount of positive feedback from alot of people, so I figure it is time I brought my issues to the internet, I could let you see some samples of character back grounds and what not if it would help.

T.Allen.Smith

Staff
I guess I just dont understand how the story can be told on islands, one continent, separate planets, or differing dimensions.

Wouldn't those different settings vastly change the story itself?

Maybe I'm missing something...

Eeirail

Scribe
I should probably show more of my work in lines of how the settings work in their own parts before wondering how to seperate them. May I contact you as reference to this if I come to terms with things?

T.Allen.Smith

Staff
It's probably best if you post it here. As much as I'd like to commit to helping you, sometimes I don't have the time.

This way, if I can't, others can assist you. There are a lot of very helpful people on MS.