Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blog/Site Creation Help

This is just how I read blogs, but I typically avoid blogs that are story based. I read blogs to get to know people, and if I like people, I'll go look up their stuff on Wattpad if they link it, or pickup up their e-book. Since I have no investment in the characters, scenes small enough to fit on a blog don't interest me, and if it's longer, then I just don't have time.

I will, however, read scenes posted by bloggers I've followed for a while, but they don't post scenes frequently.
    Wife. Mother. Writer. Ninja. Squirrel.
    http://www.lonitownsend.com

I've been using my blog mainly to post about my writing experiences, or about areas of writing that interest me. But I also posted a short story to it to showcase a little of my writing.

I think posting "deleted scenes" isn't a bad idea. You could also put up character sketches or background about your story world -- things that might not actually show up in your stories, but can give your readers more insight into your stories.

Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time getting the blog up and running.
    RyanCrown.com | my author blog
    @RyanCrownAuthor on Twitter

Embarking on a quest out of Procrastination into Publication
    So I had to stop my site, money problems. The job hunt returns and is as grueling as the last.

Anyway, I've been looking at free platform building. Social Media. Different friends suggest different sites. Facebook and Twitter. Here's my question, what is the difference between the two? Seriously, besides the name I don't get the difference in what the sites provide.
    Growing up is highly overrated. Just be an author. - Neil Gaiman.

With things in my life how they are I finally got a blog up on wordpress. I posted my first blog just minutes ago.

Here's the link, tell me what you think.

Addison's Blog Book | Where fantasy and reality collide

Nice one. I like the theme, but I'm not completely sold on the tiling background. The header and the colours are real nice though. What I did notice is that there doesn't seem to be a button to follow the blog. I'm logged in to wordpress through my own site already - could it be I have to have an account on your site/blog to be able to follow you?

Also, good content.
    Current WiP: Enar's Vacation - Rewrite 2 - Not available online.
    ---
    Blog: http://svrtnsse.com/

Ooh, yeah, the back ground. I tried to make it one but it didn't work out.

Don't know why you can't follow it. Try again tonight. Curious.

Are you using any kind of platforms to induce or build pages?
    If not and your content consist mainly of blogs, I would recommend you to install WordPress on your domain, if that is not the case or if youíre just looking for content, you can hire content writers for your domain, you can also check contentmart.com for the same.
    If WordPress doesnít suit you, you can also check other platforms like Blogger or Wiz.
    I personally love using WordPress cause of the availability of flexibility, the power it brings the user to add and create pages and posts is much better as compared to the former two.
    It is very simple and easy to use as compared to add complicated coding.
    Blogger is pretty neat too, but it lacks the themes or the templates available in Wordpress which gives it a lower hand. Wiz has better templates but is less powerful and a little more complex than Wordpress. Wordpress and Wiz have many plugins available letting you customize, if that is not enough, you can download extra, there are millions of plugins, you can choose what floats your boat. And then there are sites like contentmart.com too,
    However, the call will be yours, adding a platform to your domain or server will solve most problems and probably will be much simpler than manual work, adding any of these will be free.

Alright, after too long of procrastinating and being afraid (seriously who isn't afraid of putting their story-or themselves-out there?) I've made a plan for my stories and a platform. Which starts with a blog.

Here's the question: Wordpress or Wix?

Also a lot of articles and books say different things. Some say the blog should focus on one thing, one theme or center. Others say it's about sharing yourself and just keeping your tone, and voice and posting consistent. So....yeah. After thinking over the blog and what I'd post, it would be a blend of writing advice and ranting. Ranting relating to writing of course, but still ranting. Good idea? Or do I need to rethink things?

Portfolio Entries
    It's the same answer as for the question, is this a good idea for a story?

1. Write only if you must. Your passion will show, but so will lack of passion.
    2. Write only what you must. Forget the advice. Chances are, few will read what you write, so it needs to be something you care about.
    3. Don't forget *my* advice, of course. ;-)
    4. Write regularly. If you write well, people will look forward to the next post and will be disappointed if you don't show. If you write poorly, it will provide practice.
    5. Never make enumerated lists.
    6. Unless you want to.
    Skip's Writing Tip of the Day: write.
    Visit Altearth or visit my blog
    Historical Background for Fantasy Writers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12