• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

I have a book COVER!!

MAndreas

Troubadour
Yes, I know there is a thread for book covers- but it appears to be more for folks talented enough to do them. That is sooooo not me. I paid for this sucker-LOL ;)

I am still in keeping with this thread though- it's on my blog ;).

lost%2Bancients%2Bglass%2Bgargoyle_2.jpg

Faeries, Dragons, and Spaceships: IWSG: We have a COVER!!!

MAndreas

Troubadour
Damn- ok, sorry it is sooo freaking HUGE!! Now you get an idea of why techno-moron me will NEVER be designing her own covers ;).

BTW- the book isn't out yet- it will be out next month ;)

I like it, there is a certain confidence on that woman that belongs on a veteran adventurer. bigger is better.

Fyle

Inkling
Looks good....

I just wish that red font on the bottom was a bit brighter!

Unless thats just how it appears on this forum?

Foah

Troubadour
Looks good, however, I see a big issue with it. The title "The Glass Gargoyle" is definitely using the popular Tolkien-inspired font "Ringbearer" (found here) and this font is only free for personal use. Using it on a book cover for a book that you're planning on selling copies of is straight up copyright infringement. Were I you, I'd have a chat with your book cover designer and ask about the font and its copyright. If he/she can't argue that the use of that font is perfectly legitimate, I'd demand a full refund.

The book cover looks very nice and all, but the choice of font, while good-looking, leaves me uneased.

MAndreas

Troubadour
Foah, I will check, however this cover artist designs primarily for the Big Four- and while that doesn't mean that she couldn't be doing something underhanded, the number of covers she has done for NY publishers, does indicate that she's aware of licensing. Thank you for your concern, and I will verify.

MAndreas

Troubadour
And since the price on that font is steep (a number of sites have no restrictions posted- but emailing the font designer got a quote of 79 Euros) we have a new font! LOL!!! I can't take down the original picture on here- maybe an admin can? We are now using Mantinia font, one fully licensed :).
lost%2Bancients%2Bglass%2Bgargoyle%2Blayers%2B2_1.jpg

K.S. Crooks

Maester
I don't know what this woman does yet, but she looks like she knows her stuff. I love the stone-cut font used for your title. Hope you have great success with your book.

Gabcy

Dreamer
That is a really cool front.

The image is the first hing to pull a reader in and I feel this would accomplish that.