• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Help! I'm hopeless at designing a website!

Geldor

Scribe
Hi all,

I have recently decided to create a website to showcase my work and to put my name out there as I'm sure many of you have!

My issue is the creating of a name for the website. I understand the simple techniques for making a name such as alliteration to keep it catchy, and for it to be intrinsically linked to writing for obvious reasons, yet I cannot seem to decide upon an original name for the website!

How do you guys go about the creation of a catchy and original name for a website? I desperately need your assistance!

Regards,

Geldor!

Hi all,

I have recently decided to create a website to showcase my work and to put my name out there as I'm sure many of you have!

My issue is the creating of a name for the website. I understand the simple techniques for making a name such as alliteration to keep it catchy, and for it to be intrinsically linked to writing for obvious reasons, yet I cannot seem to decide upon an original name for the website!

How do you guys go about the creation of a catchy and original name for a website? I desperately need your assistance!

Regards,

Geldor!

Mine was kind of a mix of inspiration and my own thrown in two scents. I called it "Tired Teen Scrawls" or also "Tired Teen Writings" depending on if you go by URL or actual title. But I also do other writings than just my hopefully published ones on there, I also try to blog every so often and write poems and essays to put on there only.

I say think of something that pertains to you, and then figure out how it can apply to you, and wrap it up in a few words??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
By a name do you mean the domain name? Or the title you would place at the top of the site?

What ideas do you have already? Share, no matter now bad you think they are.

What do you write? How would you characterize what you write? As Thomas indicates, you need to tell us a bit more for us to be of much help.

Geldor

Scribe
Cheers for the replies guys!

I am making this website as a platform which I can share my writings, lore, sample chapters of my historical fiction and fantasy, and blogs on writing! I kind of want to make a name like a title first and then have the domain name after.

I've started writing down words I associate with what I want to write and writing in general. This way I've come up with Pen and Sword; Ink, Sweat, and Tears; Pen and Papyrus; and For the Love of Writing to name a few. The issue with these is that many of them are taken!

^Yeah, isn't that how it goes? :) You think of something spiffy, but you search for it online and find someone else beat you to it. Nothing would stop you from using the same title as someone else, but you want to be unique, and the person who used the title already was hoping to be unique as well. The quest to find the right title is daunting. Good luck!

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
OK, so after asking for specifics, I still can't help. grrr

Seriously, this is something you will need to figure out mostly on your own. Remember, whatever.com is not the same as whatever.net, so "taken" is a little squishy these days. As Eidson, says though, we all want to be unique. So, whatever name you come up with, do be thinking about the domain name as well. The title should collapse gracefully and intuitively into a domain name.