• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Authors in New England

troynos

Minstrel
I've been looking around to see if there's any kind of an organized Fantasy author colloborative in the NE area. Something to help market, network, review, etc..

There's a couple conventions in the Boston area that I didn't know about.

I knew Salvatore lives in Mass but not like I'm going to go "hey, want to join a writer's group" to him, lol

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I also live a town over from R.A. Salvatore!
Then you're a town over from me! --which means I should stop flipping off total strangers as I race them at the lights on route 12!

uhhhh........ which is really easy to stop since I already don't do that. So if you were flipped off at the lights on route 12 last Tuesday, that wasn't me. Because I do not engage in such behavior.

Fluffypoodel

Inkling
Then you're a town over from me! --which means I should stop flipping off total strangers as I race them at the lights on route 12!

uhhhh........ which is really easy to stop since I already don't do that. So if you were flipped off at the lights on route 12 last Tuesday, that wasn't me. Because I do not engage in such behavior.

I consider it an uneventful day if I don't run into some kind of crazy on route 12!

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I consider it an uneventful day if I don't run into some kind of crazy on route 12!
Good point. Based on the given information, you probably think I'm five different people.

You can narrow it down to three people if I tell you I'm not one of the crazies who blows you off while the light's still red only to drive 10+ MPH below the speed limit and/or turn into the pizza place 100' after the light. I won't even joke about being one of those Massholes.

Fluffypoodel

Inkling
You can narrow it down to three people if I tell you I'm not one of the crazies who blows you off while the light's still red only to drive 10+ MPH below the speed limit and/or turn into the pizza place 100' after the light. I won't even joke about being one of those Massholes.

I'm not going to say that I've never done those things but I do live in Massachusetts...

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
You kinda have to. I hear they revoke our licenses if we go a full week without being rude to a stranger. You might get to keep your license if your polite, but drive to endanger. I don't know. I don't read stop signs, so why would I read the state law?

Fluffypoodel

Inkling
There is some justification for it. Try driving in a straight line when some of the roads look like the No Man's Zone in World War I. It might be safer to drive on the sidewalks!

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Anyone ever been to the Arisia show in Boston?

Welcome | Arisia 2017
I may have to look into this. I haven't been too serious an author as of late, but a show and/or local group might get me focused.

I knew Salvatore lives in Mass but not like I'm going to go "hey, want to join a writer's group" to him, lol
But yeah, I also won't ask R.A. Salvatore if he wants to form a writer's group with me. Though I've spoken to him once in 2000 and once in 2008. So if we're on speaking-every-eight-years terms, this would be the year to ask.

troynos

Minstrel
Yeah. I'd like to get something going.

I saw a post on Facebook about some author event at Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun. It was like 20 or so authors, all set up to sell books, sign, talk, etc.. Romance books.

But I thought that was a great idea.