• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Online Writing group

Hello Everyone! I am looking for 3-4 people to start an online writing group. We would submit, read, and review each others work. I would like to have another beginner with me and a few more experienced Fantasy writers. Please no bullying! But honest opinions and critiques are more than welcome! Please no one under the age of 20. pm me or comment below! :)

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
There are a thousand such. Scribophile, etc. Is there a reason why you want to start one here?

I'm not trying to discourage, just trying to understand.

La Volpe

Sage
There are a thousand such. Scribophile, etc. Is there a reason why you want to start one here?

I'm not trying to discourage, just trying to understand.

Isn't this entire subforum (i.e. "Writing Groups") dedicated to finding/creating writing groups and critique partners?

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
I thought it was more about letting people know of other groups (e.g., Scribophile). But there's nothing in the short description that would forbid forming one here, either.

I did say, "I'm not trying to discourage..."

Forming and keeping running a writing group is tricky and time-consuming. For a new writer, I would suggest joining something that already exists. But the OP may well have had bad experiences, or have some unique need or desire. Thus the second clause: "...just trying to understand."