• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Crit partner request

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
So, I'm about 35k into A Child of Great Promise. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to spring for a developmental editor, probably not even a copyedit, so having a good partner during the development is especially important. I did okay with Goblins at the Gates, but I want to raise my game on this one.

If you are willing to come along for the next six months or so, if you have experience with critique groups, and if you have a particular interesting in historical fantasy, them please PM me. I'd like to exchange some sample writing, to make sure we're a good fit, and I'd like to know what questions you would have of me on the reading. What are you looking for with regard to your own work?

I have cast a line into the Goodreads pond as well. I can only accept a couple of partners; otherwise, the reading load will get too heavy.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
I might have to give this some thought. For me, the writing schedule this year and next year are dominated by rewrites, mostly of the quasi Roman/Medieval/Enlightenment/just plain twisted 'Empire' series of novellas/short novels. Though, right now, the big rewrite is 'Labyrinth: Seed,' set in the same world, and featuring a few of the same characters. I like to think I'm pretty good with plot and character issues. Some things, like details of court life, music, language, some cultural stuff, well I'm winging it, pretty much, and could stand some assistance with.

Once or twice, the thought did cross my mind that my world(s) and alt-earth are similar enough some ways that a crossover might be feasible. (Maybe Echo or Jobe???) Falls into the 'idle random thought' category.

I dunno. Straight historical fantasy really isn't my thing, but from snippets and hints, alt-earth really isn't straight historical fantasy. And maybe our strengths/weaknesses compliment each other.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Let me know, if you're willing to work together. So far, I've been unable to disentangle writing from re-writing, no matter how hard I try. ICIM, my target for completing A Child is end of this year. I have more novels lined up in back of that one.