Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Choose-Your-Own-Adventure" books?

Chessie
    Oh, man, these were some of my favorite books back in the day! My dad used to get me the D&D ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael K. Eidson View Post
    Note, these are apps, not print books or e-books. To write one of these for CoG, you'll need some degree of programming chops.
    Yes but they have a guide on their website. From what I've seen it should be basic enough to learn in a day or two. They also have a competition going at the moment, but you sadly have to be North American or British to participate. Maybe it's something to consider for someone around here.
    Fear The Stilton Swindler, The Emmental Criminal, The Gouda Gangster, The Roquefort Robber, The Parmezan Pirate, The Cheddar Cheat, The Manchego Marauder, The Mozerella Mobster, The Sbrinz Prince, The Edam Imam, The Camembert Camorrista, The Limburger Pilferer.

Senior Member Michael K. Eidson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Banten View Post
    Yes but they have a guide on their website. From what I've seen it should be basic enough to learn in a day or two. They also have a competition going at the moment, but you sadly have to be North American or British to participate. Maybe it's something to consider for someone around here.
    I wrote some test games using ChoiceScript, their proprietary language. Writing a basic game would be simple enough. But some aspects might not feel so basic to an English major who's never done any programming. That's my point. If a person has next to no exposure to programming, they'd have a steeper learning curve than someone who did.

There were several things I was interested in doing in my test games that ChoiceScript did not support, so I gave up on it for my own use. But, yeah, as long as you are fine with the functionality it provides, ChoiceScript is a good way to go, for those who aren't put off by the need to do some programming.
    "The truth doesn't matter. The alternative is often better."

https://www.mkeidson.com/

4. Thanks Banten thanked for this post
    Down the labyrinthine ways of my own mind
    Thing that happened the other day: My brother was reading a book in this vein about World War II when he suddenly threw the book to the floor in disgust.

"I died AGAIN!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12