• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

How do you insert an image?

I'm very new here, I joined to get help with my world-building and I want to upload images of my map to get some feedback. But when I tried it asked me for the URL and the image is not online, just on my PC.
What do I do?:confused:

Ankari

Hero Breaker
You can first upload your image to the Gallery function on these forums. I can also use any of these other options to place your art online:

1. Google Drive
  2. Google+
  3. Facebook
  4. Dropbox
  5. Deviant Art
  6. Tumblr

I use Google Drive, Google+ and facebook mostly. You would then right-click on the uploaded image, select "Copy Image URL", then post it here.

The above link to instructions for posting images has an error for me. I'm used to referring to it when wanting to post an image, but maybe I'll recall enough to do it...

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
That link points to the thread with instructions for how to do it using the old forum software. I don't know if a new set of instructions are available yet, but it looks like you got it sorted for now. I'll see about putting another set of instructions together before the end of the day.

Yeah, it was different, but not difficult. It's basically this now:

• Click on Media.
  • Click on Add Media.
  • Follow the on-screen steps to appropriately categorize and upload your image. (Maybe these steps could be listed in the set of instructions you post, but I found them self-explanatory.)
  • Once the image is uploaded, on the page for the image, copy either the "Share BB Code" field or the "Share BB (With Thumbnail) Code" field and paste into your post.
    Preview to make sure it looks right.

Maybe this will help someone.
Hmm, lists are messed up...? Or maybe it didn't like that the "Share BB Code" text has BB Code in it, which may have messed up the list...

Alison

Dreamer
Hi All,

I am having difficulty adding images to posts as well, and this is a fairly recent issue.

In my previous entries, the images I have added to my Portfolio entries have appeared in the list, as you can see here Portfolio entries

But the picture for my latest entry is the default one for the whole portfolio, not the image for that entry. I have uploaded the image to the Gallery, but when I try and add the image to the portfolio entry using the link it just appears as a small blurry thumbnail with a red cross through it.

What am I doing wrong, please?

images
Sending images is easy. T^T