• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

On Unique Governments

trentonian7

Troubadour
The most unique form of government I've made for a story has no name. At least none that I can find. Actually it doesn't have a story to hang on it-yet.

Anyway the government was a conglomerate of sorts. Separate governments working together for the upholding of the country. Every state has agriculture, so every state elects a head of each product to go to meetings and give finalized reports to the elected head of agriculture. This process is the same for education, livestock, finances, environment, wildlife, medicine. The heads of every industry or whatever then have regular meetings with the same heads from all the other states. All the medical heads meet in a different room than agriculture so they can figure out what's how and where. Then when all that stuff is ironed out then all the heads meet, voice what they've found, what they will-pending how the meeting goes- change.

So in that government there's no one ruler. No one person to say "Screw that idea it doesn't make money" or anything like that. This government follows the phrase "By the people, for the people. For a while I toyed with the idea of breaking the heads and country into regions. Mountain, plains, east etc and those regions have heads.

This sounds like bureaucracy

The most unique form of government I've made for a story has no name. At least none that I can find. Actually it doesn't have a story to hang on it-yet.

Anyway the government was a conglomerate of sorts. Separate governments working together for the upholding of the country. Every state has agriculture, so every state elects a head of each product to go to meetings and give finalized reports to the elected head of agriculture. This process is the same for education, livestock, finances, environment, wildlife, medicine. The heads of every industry or whatever then have regular meetings with the same heads from all the other states. All the medical heads meet in a different room than agriculture so they can figure out what's how and where. Then when all that stuff is ironed out then all the heads meet, voice what they've found, what they will-pending how the meeting goes- change.

So in that government there's no one ruler. No one person to say "Screw that idea it doesn't make money" or anything like that. This government follows the phrase "By the people, for the people. For a while I toyed with the idea of breaking the heads and country into regions. Mountain, plains, east etc and those regions have heads.

I'm a little confused about a couple of things. When yo say "natural law" what do you mean? This probably because I am overthinking this but natural law, as I understand it, means that there is an order imprinted on the universe that the judge is trying to divine from logic and what not. However, common law is judge made law that used to use natural law as a justification for their rulings. (Note the above sentences are an extreme watering down of both concepts)

NExt, I am not saying you should close all loopholes I am saying that you need to cover a few huge loopholes that would make your government function so poorly as to not be a government in name only.