• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Post about your process blog!

saellys

Inkling
Any other Scribes maintain a writing process blog? By that I mean not just a blog to promote your work, though that's an important part of it, but also one where you discuss your approach to your projects, and maybe also post links to writing-related articles you find interesting. I think they're great tools, not only to get things off your chest, but also to exchange ideas with other writers you might not otherwise contact.

We Camlann writers are keeping one at Westquarry. When we actually start putting Camlann online, it will be on a separate site, but for our blogging purposes we love Tumblr because it's easy to reblog other writers' posts and become part of a dialogue.

So far we've used the Westquarry blog to detail some aspects of Camlann's worldbuilding, share our writing soundtrack mix via 8tracks, interview each other as a sort of introduction to the authors, chronicle our NaNoWriMo progress and share the spreadsheet where we tracked it, reblog writing resources and inspiration, discuss self-publishing (a lot), cross-promote other writers' work whenever possible, and even answer our first message from a follower. All three of us have personal Tumblrs too, which currently have more followers than Westquarry, so we usually reblog stuff there as well to get the word out. In the coming months we'll be posting some character profiles and detailing the minutiae of our setting.

For me, the most valuable part of the process blog has been to remind myself how exciting the whole thing is when it starts to feel like work. If reading through our posts makes other people even half as excited about Camlann as it does for me, then it's also doubling as a great tool to build hype.

Tell me about your process blog!