• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Reflecting on 2012

Ankari

Hero Breaker
This is a recurring theme. At the end of the year we gather to reflect on the positives the year has brought us. Share with your fellow Scriber's what you're thankful for.

I'll start:

1. After 11 years of trying, my wife and I were blessed with twins.
  2. I met and employed a fantastic character artist.

Sound off!

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Firstly - my children are healthy and doing well, which is more important than the rest of the stuff combined.

Also:

1. Passed the California Bar twelve years out of law school
2. Sold a handful of short stories.
3. Continued sale of my children's book.
4. Completed a first draft of my YA work.

Congratulations on the twins, Ankari!

Chilari

Staff
1. I got a job
2. I published a short story (Ailith's Gift, you might have read it).
3. I created and so far have successfully maintained a website.

T.Allen.Smith

Staff
So many blessings:

1) Wife & children happy & healthy
2) Great job with great people
3) Reached the halfway point for my NIP

The only down point in an otherwise fantastic year was the loss of my father. However, he is still teaching me as I try to emulate the father he was to me & my siblings. Even in sorrow there are blessings. Many people never have the father that I did, and for 68 years. For that, I'm also very thankful.

Sparkie

Auror
I'm glad to see we have so many family-oriented people here, although I can't say that I'm surprised at that. We have a lot of really thoughtful, considerate members here. Thanks for another good year on MS guys!

As for me, this year had it's ups and downs, like any other year. But the positives this year were better than usual.

1. My family welcomed a new life into the world! Josie Love, we call her. Despite some complications during childbirth, both my sister and my new neice made it through okay. I've had a blast with her all year.

2. I was promoted this year. The new title is Coordinator. Manager isn't too far away...

3. I rarely travel, and never for business. So to be able to attend a conference in California this year was a real treat. I spent some time at Huntington Beach, ate well, drank better, and got a standing ovation for singing karoke. Good times.

4. Got my first story published. I guess I don't suck so bad after all.

Best wishes to everyone in 2013!

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I'll pile on. Overall, this was a pretty good year.

1. Wife and I are doing well. Couldn't ask for a more wonderful woman to be with. We're closing in on our two year anniversary in a few months.
2. Work was not fun for a bit, but has become a bit better later in the year.
3. I've consistently written a lot of stuff and come closer and closer to completing two different novels (70,000 and 75,000 words respectively.)
4. I've participated as an editor for the new Myths Inscribed e-zine and am looking forward to seeing what 2013 brings us.
5. I think I've grown a lot as a writer, but still have some way to go. Excited to see where 2013 brings me!