• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Show Us Your Desks!

I've actually never used Corel, in fact this is the first I am hearing of that program! I hopped between Photoshop and Sai for a long time before settling on using Clip Studio Paint which I have used for the past few years.

My desktop is actually an illustration I did of two characters from one of my stories-- it is a couple years old at this point but I think it still holds up well overall.

Thanks for the recommendations for 3D programs, but I think I will stick with Blender going forward. It accomplishes everything I am looking for in making 3D models and it works well with Clip Studio, letting me drop the models in to use as reference.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
CorelDraw was the big art program back in the 80's. It kind of disappeared though. Thing like Adobe Illustrator became more common.

I've not seen Corel Draw, or its suite of apps, for more then 20 years. It may still be out there, but its not a common one anymore.

Mans

Minstrel
Yes, I have never worked with Corel either, but I sometimes visit a freelancing website. I have noticed that employers occasionally request freelancers to use Corel for certain tasks. For example, I have seen a request to draw a shape for cutting a metal sheet with a laser.

As you mentioned, Corel is likely an outdated 2D software that is not commonly used nowadays. It seems that Adobe Illustrator has taken its place. It is the only 2D application that I work with on and off.

I have also worked with Blender, but not much, because I am not interested in artistic 3D works.

However, here are two of my works created with Illustrator and Blender (I just found these two pictures in my gallery on an uploading website).

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Corel may have gone industrial after the loss of the consumer market.

I dont know... I used to have it, but paint3d is pretty much what I use now. That and Microsoft paint, when I need to make or alter something.

A lot of good programs from the past did not stop being good, they just didn't win for one reason or another. At that time, it was hard to beat MS, cause MS kept stealing their rivals stuff and making it free. They killed a lot of OS's, WordPerfect, Netscape, AOL...list goes on and on.