• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Silly Questions for Writers

Ireth

Myth Weaver
My Fae would live in the UK or Ireland. The Hawk family would live in England, because they live there anyway.

If you could bring one person or thing from your world to the real world, what would it be?

I'd bring Nitesh- he discovers he has the power to heal as well as secretly read peoples "sins". I'd use him/it to heal the sickly people who have done nothing wrong. But, I'd have to let the bad guys die.

If you could have one power from your work or someone else's work to use in any way you wished with no consequences- whose work would it be from and what is the power? What would you do with this power?

JRFLynn

Sage
I would "grab a tailwind" from my WIP, which is like flying but pretty hazardous. I'd make sure I had a parachute in handy just in case, no plane required, or airfare, or TSA! I would go visit my family, aaand probably break something on the way down...

Q: Would you ride a dragon bareback, or with a saddle? (or some other way?)

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Lamb stew with goats cheese and Milk tea.

What would you want the sign out side your town to say to celebrate your world wild literary fame?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Welcome to Leominster
Home of Robert Cormier
&
R. A. Salvatore

and John M. Haley

Which two of your characters (one male, one female) are fans most likely to name a child after, and why?

Reaver

Staff
Jacob and Imani. One because it's a very popular boy's name and the other because it's very exotic sounding.

Which one of your characters is your absolute favorite? Sorry...you only get to pick one.

Noma Galway

Archmage
That's like asking a mother to choose her favorite child! But I can choose, actually. My antagonist-turned-antihero. I relate to Briahna better than I relate to the others.

What character in your WIP are you most afraid of, and if that character was a relative of yours, what would you do?

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I'd probably be most afraid of Gainard, because he's like an insane face-stealing sorcerer that can turn people into something that looks like Tetsuo from Akira. If he was my relative, I'd probably send him cards every Christmas so he didn't kill me.

What's the most awesome weapon one of your characters uses?

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
A flame blade. The fire mage who wields it destroys the temper of normal steel, so instead she uses a sidhe steel hilt and casts a blade made of fire. Yes, she does call it her "light saber." But she also used to wear superhero underwear when she was little. Her goal in life is to find a Superman bikini.

Q: Which of your characters has the weirdest hobby/pastime?

Noma Galway

Archmage
The weirdest in the context of the book is definitely Sera, who is mute so expresses herself through music. She is the only character to play an instrument, besides the members of her family, who play one instrument each. She plays 8. The weirdest in the context of real life would be Mari, a minor character whose hobby is almost seducing people using mind control, then watching their reactions as she releases them.

Why do you love to hate that character that you love to hate? ((come on...we all have one of those, right?))

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Why do I hate Fiachra? Because he's an amoral, abusive, controlling, spoiled jerkass of a prince who probably can't make a friend to save his life, who kidnaps the MC and tries to coerce her into marrying him, all so he can usurp his father's throne and become the Unseelie King.

If your characters were real, flesh-and-blood people, who would you want as your best friend?