• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Subscription threads + email problem

Jess A

Archmage
Hello,

For my 'default subscription mode', I have put 'through my control panel only'.

Why the hell am I still receiving emails every time somebody posts to a thread I am subscribed to? It is clogging up my email. Can somebody help me better than the FAQ? Have I missed something in my post-work tiredness? I only want to be able to see my subscribed threads in my control panel on this website. Not in my email inbox!

Thank you.

JCFarnham

Auror
I'm not aware of anything strange within the settings panel, but usually when something like this happens its because of conflicting settings. In other words you need to make sure that everything to do with you being emailed is set how you want it. Subscription mode may be set to control panel, but I'd imagine there could be a second set of options somewhere regarding being emailed by the forum, where you have it set to something like "email me notifications - everyday/every post/every week". (I have yet to check. I religiously sort out my inbox so it's never annoyed me too much)

If this is a true bug however it may be worth messaging Black Dragon. He knows far more about this software than I do.

Hope that helps :)

myrddin173

Maester
The same thing has happened to me. The "through the control panel only" option only affects threads you post in after you selected that option. Any you posted in before will follow the option active when you posted. If you go into your list of subscribed threads you can manually change them.