• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Berserker Queen Greets You

BerserkerQueen

Okay, after that pompous thread heading, let me slip back into the earthly realms and say hi and thank you to all those who have decided they want to spend some time reading this post and thus getting to know me, even this tiny little bit.

Firstly, let me state how much I love this site and the work it entails. Great job to those who make this platform possible! I am really tricky when it comes to forums (being the antisocial writer that I am) but this one urged me to rethink my take on exposure in such communities.

Now, a few details about me: I am a self-published author of fiction and non-fiction, a fantasy enthusiast and a freelance writer most days. Prior to that, I spent over a decade teaching English to foreign speakers and even working as a graphic designer. I am currently pouring my soul into writing my first big, massive, epic, high-fantasy novel plus a YA sci-fi novel. I had spent a few years ghostwriting for clients and just realized I had enough and want to do my own thing, even if it doesn't get traditionally published (yes, that is still THE dream) and even if it leaves me broke.

For those wondering about my username, the Berserker Queen is a character from my fantasy novel in-progress :D She is a woman I dreamt of, and she was the embodiment of my soul. I never saw her as a full-body figure, because she was me - I could only see her/my hands, but I knew her/my whole story. I presumed the dream may have been a past/parallel/future life memory, but whatever the case, I had to write about her!

Nice to meet you all in advance, I hope to be active in the forum and get to know some really interesting people :)

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met
Welcome to Mythic Scribes.
"Interesting" might be a bit of an understatement for some of our denizens...
It is wonderful when the vital spark strikes like that.
I look forward to hearing more about her.

KSparkes

Hello! I love the idea of a character coming to you in a dream. Are you finding that it makes the writing easier?