• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Witcher: Do you have a favorite..

monster from the game/games?

I favor the "cleric beast" for its design. The combined aspects of antlers, elongated features, sharpened teeth ( that I generally find work perfectly with monster characters, albeit that statement's a bit on the nose ), are one of my favorite "design tropes".

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Never played the Witcher, and I do not find myself the fan of it that many others are. But I do think video games are kind to the new frontier in story telling, and I think they will become even more so as time goes on (Unless AI wipes us all out). The creative types today are growing up with video games as their medium and not thinking about movies, or books. To me, I think all the best stuff may come from video games in the future, if not today already.

I can tell from my youtube though the Bruxia was a big hit.

Last edited:
Never played the Witcher, and I do not find myself the fan of it that many others are. But I do think video games are kind to the new frontier in story telling, and I think they will become even more so as time goes on (Unless AI wipes us all out). The creative types today are growing up with video games as their medium and not thinking about movies, or books. To me, I think all the best stuff may come from video games in the future, if not today already.
Yes, let's hope the AI don't get any ideas.

I can agree with your statement. If that is to be, hopefully we can get more pixel-based RPGs, although I don't mind so much the other styles. Most important is always that the graphics ( okay, sometimes ) and, above all, story have effort.

Free entertainment paired with a good story.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I have not been into video games for many years, but I can attest that some of my favs dont have great graphics. I saw my son playing doom, and it was hard to watch, stuff moved so fast, and the emphasis seemed to be on how violent the close range deaths could be. Doom was fun when it was all blocky.

But you want to talk about the Witcher, and now I have side tracked it twice. I'll be quiet for a while.