• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What video game steals your time?

Plinto

Dreamer
If you don't play video games, gods bless you and please refrain from participating here.

If you're a writer who DOES play video games, what's your favorite kind? What game are you absolutely obsessed with?

I'll start: I'm obsessed with tactics games. Battle Brothers, XCOM, etc. I'm also obsessed with open world sandbox games like Kenshi, and colony sims like Rimworld. These games consume me like a friggin' black hole and cause me to forget there was ever a time I wanted to be an author.

What about you?

pmmg

Myth Weaver
The original xcom is on my list as the best game ever.

But i gave up video games a long time ago. Last one i played was dead space ii. Last one i loved was called ico on the ps2.

Tomb raider was one of my favs but i ve no idea what game they are on now.

And i used to have a quake group. We played all the time.

Plinto

Dreamer
The original xcom is on my list as the best game ever.

But i gave up video games a long time ago. Last one i played was dead space ii. Last one i loved was called ico on the ps2.

Tomb raider was one of my favs but i ve no idea what game they are on now.

And i used to have a quake group. We played all the time.
If you were ever to come back to games, there's a new series called Xenonauts that is the spiritual successor to the old XCOM. They just released Xenonauts 2 in an early access state and its quite good.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
🙉

Not that I would not like to, but I have other stuff I wanted to do than play video games. Also, my kids dont need to see me modelling playing games over everything else. They have enough challenges as it is.

Last edited: