• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Mountain,(ser Gregor) not just another pretty faced actor

SeverinR

Vala
'Game of Thrones' Actor Hafthor Bjornsson Breaks World Record at Arnold Classic | Bleacher Report

After breaking a 1,000-year-old world record during the World's Strongest Viking competition back in February by carrying a 30-foot, 1,433-pound log, Bjornsson added another notch to his belt with a world-record throw at the 2015 Arnold Sports Festival. The 6’9”, 419-pound Icelandic weightlifter posted videos (h/t BroBible.com’s J. Camm) of the feat to Instagram. With one arm, he managed to toss a 56-pound kettle bell 19 feet and three inches into the air.

I hope he never tries it in real life, but I bet he could cleave a horse in two with a two handed sword.

I could believe, he could crush a skull if he was able to get his hands around it.

Incanus

Auror
Of course, that was a different actor cleaving the horse in twain in season 1. This is the third 'Mountain', isn't it? Wonder why they keep re-casting that part.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
So they basically found the strongest guy in the world and cast him as the Mountain. Makes sense, though…

…how badly they need a muscle-man depends on what "Ser Strong" does in books 6 & 7.

Last edited by a moderator: