• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Promoting your Book

Robert Donnell

Minstrel
I came across a made for the web thing and thought I would share.

Well Let us assume you have the world's best Fantasy Book, and it is proofread, edited, spell checked by a human and it is good to go. Now What?

You need an Agent and a Publisher well some of that is self promotion, Watch this:

Episode 50: Meg - Yahoo!

We see here Meg, printing cards, having professional photographs done, getting a web site and going to Theatrical agents asking to be booked. Yes she is a comedian but there is some overlap in the skill set needed like Networking, shameless self promotion etc...

I hope you get something out of this.

Robert, I tried clicking your Yahoo link, but it doesn't work.

I would have to say that marketing your book is will require everything and the kitchen sink these days. Especially since the responsibility of marketing your book is falling more and more on the shoulders of the author.

I recently had an epiphany the other day in regards to marketing your book. Business Logic tells us that we need a positive Return on Investment (ROI) for each dollar we spend promoting our book. But what if *money* wasn't the ROI that we are aiming for? What if we are aiming for fans? Fans will continue to market for us by talking up your book, etc.