• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Fantasy shorthand

Drachen

Hey all,

I know this is a kind of a dumb thread to start but hey.. it might help others just in case.

I am aware that MC means main character, WIP means work-in-progress... but I would just like a heads up on others.

So maybe, just for the sake of idiot-proofing everything and making sure we are all using the same shorthand we can make a list to help others so we don't misunderstand.

Please let me know what you come up with.

Cheers,

Drachen

Hi,

Actually MC mean's "My Character" - so whenever you see someone posting MC in their thread they're referring to my character!!! (I'm honoured of course - but what I haven't figured out yet is how they managed to come up with this abbreviation even before I wrote my first book!)

Cheers, Greg.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Hi,

Actually MC mean's "My Character" - so whenever you see someone posting MC in their thread they're referring to my character!!! (I'm honoured of course - but what I haven't figured out yet is how they managed to come up with this abbreviation even before I wrote my first book!)

Cheers, Greg.

I've never heard that explanation before. MC has always meant Main Character, to my knowledge.