• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Fight Scene Endings

So, I was curious how are some ways that you end fight scenes? I try to keep it pretty varied. And this is pretty important since I have a ton of fight scenes. Some of them are life and death, others are for sport. (My MC is part of a magical college MMA team more or less.) Three of my most memorable endings are a murder stroke to the collar bone (a sword technique where the wielder grabs the blade and bashes the opponent with the quillions/pommel areas.), an arm bar the leads to a broken arm, and a triangle choke.
Do you all have any fun or different ways you have ended a fight?

For reference here are some videos to see what these look like:

Murder Stroke: Mordhau - YouTube

Arm bar: (warning actual broken arm) Desert Force MMA Fight ends in Broken Arm Armbar Submission #4 Wolfman! - YouTube

Triangle choke: Top 10 Submissions UFC Nate Diaz vs Kurt Pellegrino #7 - YouTube (blurred out middle fingers)

Malik

Auror
True_dfe651_648741.jpg

When I read the title I thought "ummm...death?"

Oh but there has to be more interesting endings than just stabbity stabbity. What about booting into a volcano with a zippy one liner. Like this one, "I hope you brought your wallet because the rent in hell is paid in advance."

I end always with a few people dead. Always. easy to do when your writing about a war. But I try to add excitement and variations to the fights.

One of my most memorable fights was an assassination attempt on some Kings and Queens, some were poisoned in their drinks, while others didn't die by the liquids, as they saw what had happened to their fellow leaders, so they did not drink. Then, as confusion and chaos reined about, assassins preceded to attack, and only a few of the leaders escaped alive.

Another was a fight in a city, the city fell and then the surviving soldiers were executed, but before the enemy general wanted to gloat, and so he showed them a huge army that was marching toward their capitol. as they saw it, they were killed.

Lol I have a lot of ideas, thus I try to put some different fights and scenarios into play.