• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Recent content by CupofJoe

  1. CupofJoe

    Hello World of Fantasy

    Hail and well-met Wispryn Good to have you here Leap on in and enjoy
  2. CupofJoe

    Most recent books you bought.

    The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien (Author) & Tove Jansson (Illustrator) The illustrations look wonderful!
  3. CupofJoe

    What is your worlds stance on lgbtq folks?

    In my current WIP I have 2 characters that I know are part of the LGBTQ+ community. I doubt the reader will make the link as I have no idea on how their personal life will affect their judgement or actions. If it comes up, it comes up. I'd deal with it then.
  4. CupofJoe

    Old Movies that you wish you had seen... (In their Prime)

    One of my favourite scenes
  5. CupofJoe

    Old Movies that you wish you had seen... (In their Prime)

    I'd lack to add... How the West Was Won [1962] Three directors, three cameras, and nearly 3 hours run time? What's not to love? I'm not sure I could have sit through all of it in one go.
  6. CupofJoe

    Fantasy/fiction in modern setting

    In the UK you can also add: Aberystwyth Noir by Malcolm Pryce. 7 books set in a current but alt-time line of Wales where Druids act like the Mafia. Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch. 9 books in a London with spirts and magic and Met Police wizard. Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. Again set in...
  7. CupofJoe

    Hi c: I am TurtleCat!

    Hail and well-met TurtleCat [cool avatar btw]
  8. CupofJoe

    Why do you like Harry Potter?

    I saw the first couple of HP films before I read the first book. The films were and are entertaining enough, but I can't remember finishing the book. It's on the shelf, but I certainly have not gone back for a re-read. Maybe if I'd read the book and then seen the films I feel differently.
  9. CupofJoe

    Book Piracy BAD

    The only book piracy that I know had a happy ending was via a guy I shared a house with at University. This was the late 80s, and for his course [Electronic Engineering IIRK] my house mate had to buy a core textbook that cost £75. “That’s a month’s drinking money!” was his position. The...
  10. CupofJoe

    What's the oldest movie you've watched/seen?

    I'd say yes. As for how good SFX could be back in the day. Have a look at Fafnir the Dragon from 1924 60 foot long and fully mechanical!
  11. CupofJoe

    Newbie

    Hail and well-met Andy wilfong Good to have you here Leap on in and enjoy
  12. CupofJoe

    What's the oldest movie you've watched/seen?

    I did a film studies course so I got to watch L'arrivée d'un train en gare de La Ciotat [The Arrival of a Train at La Ciotat Station] 1896 by Auguste and Louis Lumière. Not very interesting except for it being 130 years old. The oldest film I chose to watch was Das Cabinet des Dr. Caligari [The...
  13. CupofJoe

    Hello. New here.

    Hail and well-met EnriqueMontes Good to have you here
  14. CupofJoe

    Is this thing on!!!

    Hail and well-met GRIMSKULL Good to have you here This is a great place to share and learn Leap on in and enjoy
  15. CupofJoe

    A quick hello

    Hail and well-met Alandie Good to have you here. This is a good place to learn and share. Leap on in and enjoy :geek:
Top