• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Recent content by Gurkhal

  1. Gurkhal

    How Is Your World Like?

    To be honest I haven't watch the TV series. When I wrote "Game of Thrones" I made a reference to "A Song of Ice and Fire", which is the book series. Just to be clear and I realize I probably expressed myself badly. Anyway. while I agree that Asoiaf/GoT vers a bit too much into the darkness I...
  2. Gurkhal

    How Is Your World Like?

    It seems you have the same preferences as me, except for Game of Thrones because I think it has a bit to much magic in it to be perfect, but otherwise I agree on every point. I hope you'll share stories on the site (I don't spend as much time reading as I would have liked and I'm not...
  3. Gurkhal

    Has medieval style fantasy had its day?

    Maybe "realistic" wasn't the best word. Perhaps "believable" would have been better.
  4. Gurkhal

    Has medieval style fantasy had its day?

    To me it depends on how realistic you want it to be. If you want me to buy into a society which is obviously formed by the influences of not!Christian teachings and churches, of a warrior aristocracy in a feudal manner and so on. These needs to be there and have an influence. If these are not...
  5. Gurkhal

    Worldbuilding without a story?

    I don't think its a problem with building a world for itself. Maybe it will inspire stories or maybe it will train you in world building anyway, its can be a engaging project.
  6. Gurkhal

    How Is Your World Like?

    My worlds tend to be low fantasy and with mostly humans. I have yet to find a task in my stories where a non-human can't be replaced by a, to me, more reliable human character.
  7. Gurkhal

    Inspiration struck...

    Good work!
  8. Gurkhal

    Do you play old school games?

    I wouldn't be surprised if they have changed something with the new version. If its better or worse I wouldn't be able to say.
  9. Gurkhal

    What Are You Playing Now?

    I'm in a similar situation to Dark Souls. I really wanted to play and finish DS2 but at the end of the day the fact that you can't skip PVP invasions made me lose the will to push through in the game. I really, really hate PVP and so I gave up on DS2 and went for DS3 instead. Maybe I'll...
  10. Gurkhal

    What Are You Playing Now?

    Also playing some Victoria 3 as I attempt to learn the game. Because you know the 19th Century and all that.
  11. Gurkhal

    Two Stupid Orks Guarding a Rock

    Pretty funny. I like it.
  12. Gurkhal

    Do you play old school games?

    Right now I'm playing two classics: Dark Souls 3 and Pharaoh
  13. Gurkhal

    What Are You Playing Now?

    Thanks! In my first playthrough I won't do any DLC or optional bosses, and then I'll start to make dedicated runs to deal with these. :)
  14. Gurkhal

    What Are You Playing Now?

    I am on to Dark Souls 3 and the first boss is down. It feels like a really nice game. :)
  15. Gurkhal

    Writing fantasy where magic isn't super relevant to the plot.

    I just want to say that low fantasy with as little magic as possible the fantasy I enjoy the most and I hope that the OP posts some stories for us to read on this site.
Top