• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Recent content by Queshire

  1. Queshire

    Worldbuilding without a story?

    Oh it's absolutely great fun. All the joy of putting together little mental legos to build a world.
  2. Queshire

    Fantasy/fiction in modern setting

    Widen where you look beyond traditionally publushed prose stories and there's plenty of stuff taking place in a modern setting that featuring highly fantastic elements.
  3. Queshire

    Fantasy/fiction in modern setting

    Honestly I think cell phones get overlooked too much in fiction. Imagine what you can do with a character talking to someone else over the phone when something happens to the person on the other side of the line. Will the hero manage to get there in time? OoOo~ tension.
  4. Queshire

    Why do you like Harry Potter?

    Eh? What would count as an objectively bad thing in this case? Spelling mistakes...?
  5. Queshire

    Why do you like Harry Potter?

    Haha. No. Fuck that bitch.
  6. Queshire

    Anybody around here watch the Anime?

    Hah.... it's been so hard to find time to watch anime these days. I tend to read manga instead, though even that runs into the time crunch. Frieren is good even if most of the people talking about it have the media literacy of a salmon.
  7. Queshire

    the use of AI to sculpt your writing

    My primary concern is a matter of practicality more than anything else. It's hard enough to break into creative industries as is without having to compete with AI. Even in just fan circles AI assisted work bloats the number you have to compete with.
  8. Queshire

    the use of AI to sculpt your writing

    I doubt you'll find much support for AI in a writing forum.
  9. Queshire

    How would one describe this Anime exclusive bit of physical comedy in prose?

    Hrm. I'd go with, "the color drained from their face" or something like that. If someone is already familiar with the trope they get it, but also makes sense for those not familiar with the trope.
  10. Queshire

    What Video Game universe would drive your protagonists insane?

    Hrm. Honestly I'd probably say Grand Theft Auto. The meaninglessness would get to them.
  11. Queshire

    A quote from the late Sir Terry Pratchett...

    I don't know. A 'lack of imagination' strikes me as an accurate enough description for those people that'd rather bitch about a work based only on a trailer rather than, ya know, give it a shot on its own merits.
  12. Queshire

    A quote from the late Sir Terry Pratchett...

    How political am I allowed to get with this conversation? 0.o
  13. Queshire

    Contemporary Fantasy

    On the one hand word choice does inevitably affect tone. A magic school's cafeteria gives off a different vibe than a magic school's great hall even if, functionally they're the exact same thing. On the other hand you're still writing for modern day people even if your story does not take place...
  14. Queshire

    Wuxia

    I haven't read any Wuxia, but I've read several Xanxia stories. Much, muuuuuuuuch higher levels of magic in those than Wuxia.
  15. Queshire

    Relationships in Worlds based on Ancient Times

    Personally I would just avoid the whole thing by having the culture in question wait until 17 or 18 or whatever instead of marrying people young.
Top