• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Recent content by Sheilawisz

  1. Sheilawisz

    What Are You Playing Now?

    I think the entire game feels weird, somehow broken, you know… off. DS2 lacks almost all the magic that made the original Dark Souls, and Bloodborne before that, so special to me. I don’t feel any sense of adventure, there is no sense of accomplishment either and even the combat feels rather...
  2. Sheilawisz

    Why do you like Harry Potter?

    While it is totally understandable that a discussion about books often leads to discussing the author behind them, I would appreciate if we all exercise special caution when dealing with this author in particular.
  3. Sheilawisz

    What Are You Playing Now?

    Thanks! I am indeed interested on trying some Halo, since I like Destiny and they are similar I think. Which Halo do you think I should try first? Halo Infinite looks nice. So I can say that I completed the Dark Souls trilogy, and I wanted to play them in the right order. It would feel wrong...
  4. Sheilawisz

    What Are You Playing Now?

    I still have Dark Souls 3 unopened since my birthday in December. The plan is to finish DS2 first, but I have been hating that game a lot and on top of that I am going through seriously dark times in my life, so I have not been gaming much. I recently got lucky and purchased a Xbox Series S in...
  5. Sheilawisz

    A couple of studies regarding AI writing

    Just a friendly reminder that snide, degrading and derisive comments go against the Forum rules of Mythic Scribes. We appreciate a more positive and productive discussion. Everyone, please let’s exercise caution and our best judgement when we discuss sensitive topics like the subject of this...
  6. Sheilawisz

    Can a (proper) mute person laugh?

    Characters with speech or vocal troubles can be quite interesting. I have one in my very first Fantasy trilogy. This story was written such a long time ago that I don’t even remember her name anymore, but she was a Mage and one of the two sisters of the Mage Queen that ruled a distant land...
  7. Sheilawisz

    Can a (proper) mute person laugh?

    Sure. If the causes behind her mutism are not really explained in canon, then I think that the easiest way to explain it in fanfiction would be the psychological cause. Severe trauma you know, something dark and terrible somewhere in her past. Serious vocal damage may result in other symptoms...
  8. Sheilawisz

    Can a (proper) mute person laugh?

    Without knowing the background of this character in detail, it’s something tricky to answer. For example, people that are born deaf can laugh alright. They may sound a bit different to normal laughter, but there is nothing either physiological or psychological that prevents them from laughing...
  9. Sheilawisz

    Writing characters that are awkward about sex (or romance in general)

    Alright that was the end of our patience.
  10. Sheilawisz

    Writing characters that are awkward about sex (or romance in general)

    Well, I had indeed hoped that the thread would not get derailed again. Hi Josh2Write - First, I would like to say that Lowan was talking about how writing fanfiction is how many of us developed our first ideas and wrote our first stories. There are certainly a lot of inappropriate HP fanfics...
  11. Sheilawisz

    Writing characters that are awkward about sex (or romance in general)

    While the term smut is quite old, in our days it has a strong connection to fanfiction. It refers to stories that are barely stories at all, since they lack plot totally or almost totally and they focus on the gratuitous smut scenes. Please, let’s follow the original purpose of this thread. My...
  12. Sheilawisz

    Be on the Lookout for AI Bots in Our Forums and Our DM's

    Thank you Goldie! At the moment, it looks like the bot invasion has been stopped. We have to remain on the lookout for these things, anyway. As usual, if you folks see anything suspicious around here please report immediately. Thanks everyone!
  13. Sheilawisz

    Be on the Lookout for AI Bots in Our Forums and Our DM's

    I am always around folks, it’s just that I don’t really interact anymore.
  14. Sheilawisz

    Be on the Lookout for AI Bots in Our Forums and Our DM's

    Thank you everyone! The situation is indeed alarming, and this threat is already being taken care of. Please remain on the lookout for other AI bots that may try to invade Mythic Scribes. We value the assistance of our very appreciated members. We shall keep an eye on anything weird that...
  15. Sheilawisz

    Writing characters that are awkward about sex (or romance in general)

    Hi there Josh2Write Several members of Mythic Scribes have expressed concern about your actions in the community. While you are welcome to stay and participate in our chat and threads, please keep in mind that constant argumentative behavior, constant negativity and posting snide or degrading...
Top