• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Recent content by spidercrabb4

  1. S

    How do you name characters?

    I think of a trait associated with the character, i.e. lonely, thief, guard, happy, etc., then look up either the Celtic, Gaelic, or Old English word for that trait and use that, or a variation of it. Pretty much every time.
  2. S

    Amateur author here

    Wahey, maybe I can cut the word amateur then. Although if you saw me trying to draw my covers on the backs of bank statements and swearing at KDP all night while uploading them, you might change your mind. Thanks for the welcome. I’m already finding it fantastic
  3. S

    Amateur author here

    Haha, definitely a bit of both 😅 Thanks for the welcome!
  4. S

    Amateur author here

    I’m a fairly new amateur author, and I know very little about the industry, so to speak. Basically, my wife used to make me tell her stories to help her fall asleep. It was a pain, so I started writing them down in advance. My wife said they were good, so I turned one into a book. I tried to...
  5. S

    What Are You Playing Now?

    Just started playing Onimusha: Way of the Sword. Really enjoyable game so far. Like if someone took Dark Souls but made you fight like a character from The Matrix… in an Onimusha game. Beat the third boss last night and, gotta say, I haven’t enjoyed combat this much in a new game for a long time.
Top