• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Grammarly

Ankari

Hero Breaker
I use the website Pro Writing Aid often. While there, an ad for Grammarly.com caught my eye. I clicked on it and set up a 7 day trial. I used it for a few moments before other activities (football playoffs) distracted me. Anyone else use this tool? If so, what feedback can you provide? Is it worth the $140 for a year subscription?

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
I've been using 'Grammarly' for a while now - about three months if memory serves. My last few challenge stories and a couple other projects have been edited with it.

I find Grammarly and Pro Writing Aid complement each other.

Grammarly tends to pick up on commas and complex grammar issues Pro Writing Aid doesn't (at least not the way I use it).
Much of the time, Grammarly will put forth solutions to grammar issues.

Pro Writing Aid will list vague and over used words for you, Grammarly will not.

I can load much larger chunks of text into Grammarly than I can with Pro Writing Aid; the former can do 5000 words easy; I get error messages if I try much over 1000 words with PWA.

With Grammarly, I usually shoot for score of 90% or better with my submissions. Most of the alleged errors are unique words (often proper names) which it insists are misspelled.

Depending on how busy I am with other things when renewal time comes, I might or might not go with grammarly again.

wilkinson

sorry for bumping an old thread, but after reading ThinkerX's comments I went ahead and signed up for a trial with Grammarly and so far I am happy with it