• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings!

Orcus

Hello everybody! I'm a 27 year old software engineer from Serbia. For a long while now I've been dabbling in fantasy writing (mostly short stories) and lately have been focusing a bit more on worldbuilding. I've been trying to get some new perspective and improve myself so I figured a fantasy writing forum is the right place to start. Looking forward to participating in the forums.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Orcus
Share what you know and learn what you need...
Please feel free to leap in whenever the mood takes you.
This can be a great place to find about something you never knew you needed to know...
Kick off your boots and warm your toes.

Tom

Istar
Willcommen! Hope you enjoy your time here.

There's a lot to learn and a lot to share, so don't be shy about answering questions or asking your own. I look forward to seeing you around!

Welcome to the Scribes, Orcus. We always enjoy new voices and we all look forward to yours entering the fray. Tell us a little about the world you are building?

-Cold

Orcus

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

For the lack of better words, the world I'm building is kind of a mishmash of Vance's Dying Earth and The Eternal Champion with some other influences. Right now while I'm still under the influence of Rothfusses Kingkiller series, I'm trying to modify my magic to make more sense (for the sake of the scholars in the world). I'm planning on writing some short stories set in the world, and after I do I'll post them on the forums. I can probably write a short introduction to the world if you'd like?

Reactions: Tom

LordFalco

Minstrel
You'll like the worldbuilding forum. There are some talented thinkers there with ideas you've never considered.