• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi there, I'm here to learn :)

TinyHippo

Scribe
Hello fellow fantasy fans! ...And writers.

So I've just spend the last few days checking out different forums, and decided this was the best for me.

I came here to learn from other writers, to see if you guys have the same struggles as me and how to deal with it.
I only started writing recently (two years ago), but I have spend most my sparetime with fantasy books, history, rpg videogames and other fantasy related activities my entire life. My nephew says I have 206 fantasy books in my shelves (not indcluding those I just ordered from Thriftbooks).
I am currently working on a novel with 50k words and going, setting place in a great world I have spend so much energy on. Daydreaming my grades away every single day for years, untill now. I feel like I am ready to REALLY work on it now and share it with other people. I write it in both English and Danish, but the goal is to finish in English.

The last couples of years I have been reading a great deal to learn. Expanding my vocabulary, forming ideas, pet peeves, characthers, scenes, researching and so on. Hopefully well enough to pass the point in the forum guidelines about correct grammar and spelling. :)
So I have come to the point where I realize that I like realism. I like bows to be worn by only the strongest characthers. Because bows in real life takes a very strong person to wield it. I like magic to have a system, hard or soft, it should have rules. I also like realism in the form of details in novels I've read, where economy, weaponry, strategies, clothing, buildings, tools, linguistics being spot on perfect.
AND THEREFORE. I hope that I can make a novel like that! And with experts like you guys to help me, it shouldn't be a problem. Atleast to spot the errors. Me fixing them, is not your burden to bear :)

About me:
My name is Steffen, I am age 22 and live in Denmark with my girlfriend and cat.
I have a bachelor degree in nanotechnology, so if anyone needs help with math or physics, I'm probably the man.
Didn't like it very much in the end though, so I changed path completely and now work in a hardware store, where I just received two weeks paid vacation and got a spot at their leader-trainee program, to reward my hard work as best nationwide salesman (Yay!). There was champagne and everything, it was a great day.
Besides this, I am a knifemaker and a swordsmaker. I renovate furniture and make good sturdy shields for LARPers. So all combined, I know my way around a workshop.
Favorite food comes from Italy and my car come from Germany.

TL;DR: I will be asking many questions and creating many threads, so strap in! :D

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met TinyHippo [aka Steffen]
Wow... you are busy...
Good to have you here.
You're on an express elevator to hell... going down
Well, not really but Mythic Scribes is a cool place.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Welcome to our forum!

I'm glad you joined us. This is a special community. If it's support and research you're after, hoo boy, we have it by the truckload!

I joined up here a while ago, and since becoming a scribe, I've had many great opportunities to explore the craft of story-telling and flex my writer muscles in some top notch challenges. I hope you'll join us while we play games and share inspirations, and generally procrastinate form the work we ought to be doing. HA!

Best wishes.