• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Let me Throw my Art at You

Tom

Istar
tumblr_pscnhyE1zC1ud1yeyo1_1280.png

Portrait of Ariahd. I redid his design somewhat--he's been migrated from Arilisee to Issadai, and I had to tweak his design and story a little bit to make him fit. I haven't finished writing his backstory but here's the gist of it: he was born a dragon, but when they started to die out his soul was put in a sacred vessel and left in the relic vault of a Dymaexeian monastery. Everybody forgot about him until a couple hundred years later when the monks tried to use the relic to heal a sick novitiate and (oops) Ariahd's soul kinda....took over his body. When the monks realized what happened they decided to teach him how to be human, and later took him on as a novitiate. He took an interest in art, which the monks encouraged by having him illuminate their manuscripts and paint frescoes on the monastery walls. He got cold feet when the time came for him to become a fully ordained monk, and decided to leave for the island of Temuz to apprentice under a master painter. Since then, he's travelled all over the continent of Mysska and has picked up a bunch of skills such as sorcery, necromancy, quarterstaff combat, and some pretty obscure cooking techniques. He's currently a court painter in the Gumiro city-state of Sydising.

Tom

Istar
Just noticed that the last couple of photos I've posted to this thread have sized really weird. Huh.

Anyway, I just finished a costuming lineup of Miekkhal, one of the main characters of Bitter Days. He's a somewhat mercurial northerner mage who has been taken from his people and raised among the imperials who've invaded the north. His clothing is intended to show how he gradually reclaims his birth culture as the novel progresses, culminating in his arrival in a northern city where he's finally among his own people again.

tumblr_ptgpnwZj8o1ud1yeyo2_1280.png
tumblr_ptgpnwZj8o1ud1yeyo1_1280.png