• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Writing is a labyrinth ...but I'm enjoying the twists and turns

Ilona Rapp

Acolyte
Hello! I'm grateful for the opportunity to connect with other writers and fantasy enthusiasts. I have been working on a series on and off for over ten years, while working full-time, homeschooling (my last two are graduating this summer), moving three times, and.... life with all its challenges. I started in the middle of my series, with what I thought could be one long book... and my backstory became so tantalizing to me, that I am now picking up two books earlier and writing it forwards. Every couple of years, I change, our world changes, and my perspectives shift the themes of my novel enough that I need to restructure....a process I am going through again right now. It's not so much of a shift, as a clarification. I am hoping to complete the first and second novel drafts this year (third is complete) and have a trilogy ready soon (I'm not getting any younger here!). After a couple of years where family priorities (including end of life care for my beloved father) pulled me away from writing, I won't tempt fate by setting an actual date, but I am committed to progress every week and to brining my real-to-me characters to life in print. Thanks again for the chance to be part of Mythic Scribes!

Hello Iiona and welcome to the Scribes!

Well, you certainly have your hands full on the writing end! Congrats for all the work you have accomplished to this point and best wishes for the road ahead. I hope this site, and the wonderful collection of contributors, can be a source of support and inspiration for you along that path forward. :)