• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

"100%" reaction emoji?

πŸ™‹,

I would like to formally propose the addition of πŸ’― to the menu of comment reaction emojis, if this is something reasonably possible. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

πŸ‘ is often a polite gesture to acknowledge both that one has read the post πŸ€“ and πŸ‘ it, or πŸ‘ that they posted, but oftentimes does not suggest πŸ’― with the content itself. 🀨

😍 expresses something more akin to ❀ for the post. If one finds the content particularly πŸ€— or 🀧, or is πŸ₯³ by the nature of it. πŸ™Œ

πŸ’―, I think, expresses total agreement with the particulars of the post better than any currently available alternatives. 😌

For instance, if two other members are involved in a debate, to not πŸ‘ a comment simply because one is 🀨, even though one is πŸ€”, would be impolite. ☹️
Therefore, to be able toπŸ‘ comments disagreed with and πŸ’― comments agreed with is the only truly civilized option. 🧐

In conclusion, I believe πŸ’― would be a shorthand "came here to say this" that would say more than a simple πŸ‘ and something distinctly different than 😍.

πŸ™

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
:panda: I finally learned what the "100" thing is supposed to mean. Personally I rather like the versatility of a mere thumbs up, but maybe Dragon can add more options. I'm not sure if that's up to the site operator or if there's a given selection the system presents.

Last edited:

pmmg

Myth Weaver
That panda looks confused.

I'd not mind the 100%, but personally I don't like 'this', as if it imbues some extra correctness upon an earlier post. I usually react differently to that than one might think.

There are a few I would like to add.... but I think it would take some behind the scenes doing.

A good 'congrats' smiley I feel is needed, and a 'whip crack', and one that says 'Really'?

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I don't know if Black Dragon can add an emoji to the list of reactions or if that list of five is hard wired into the software. It seems like a good idea to me if it's possible though.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I dont understand what you mean.

: 100 : will put it in if you smash the : against the numbers. Its already an option.

I dont understand what you mean.

: 100 : will put it in if you smash the : against the numbers. Its already an option.
I mean the pop-up 5 option menu at the πŸ‘ button. Like I can select the emoji πŸ’― on my phone, but I can't πŸ’― something you've posted.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
There's always the text option.

I agree 100% with myself!

(being a little protective of Black Dragon here, who has many, many other demands on his time)