• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

A Refresher on the Worldbuilding Process

It's been a while since I've visited this forum, so I must ask:

Is this the place where I can discuss the geographical and geological attributes to worldbuilding? If not, then do you know any other worldbuilding forums where I can?

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
People bring up those topics from time to time - you're more than welcome to. If your question is strictly scientific you might do better with wikipedia or by looking at real world topography maps.

Queshire

Istar
What do you mean?

Actually Devor has a point. Here we also talk about culture, magic, anything and everything to do with worldbuilding. If you want help with something strictly science-y such as, for example, figuring out how adding a mountain would affect the local weather patterns than we'd provide answers here, but you might also want to consider asking in the "Research" forum on the site if you want people to focus on numbers and such. Here in the worldbuilding forum there's a greater chance of replies that would be based off what would be best for the story while ignoring science. Furthermore there's also the "Brainstorming and Planning" forum on the site if you're, well, brainstorming and or planning, but which of the three you want to ask with is up to you. It'd fit each of them.