• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Adopt an Owlbear

LittleOwlbear

Minstrel
Hi,

I'm Risa from Vienna, 31, writing in German, diverse (pronouns are they/she), and I've recently started studying again, this time in computer science at a college. Before that, I studied biology and worked between.

I had lost sight of world-building and writing my own origin stories for a few years (though I wrote fanfiction in between) until I started playing DnD with a group of friends.
I've been writing since I could read fluently, and fantasy, as well as certain anime, have always fascinated me. I've had and still have a significant obsession with them because my neurodivergent brain tends to get very obsessive with my interests, haha. I've been playing DnD almost weekly for about three years now.

Anime and manga are a double-edged sword for me, as there is a lot of junk among them, especially those with squeaky girls and "waifu characters," etc.
However, some of my absolute favorite works are anime or manga. This includes Attack on Titan, but also others like Fullmetal Alchemist, Princess Mononoke, Witch Hat Atelier (too unknown), or The Apothecary Diaries and others.
I love anime-esque series like Avatar, including the Kyoshi novels.

I also want to get back into reading more fantasy books since my studies rarely leave room for fiction. Sometimes, I feel a bit overwhelmed with all the other texts to read, but I want to dive back into fantasy.

What else... Currently, I'm playing a lot of Baldur's Gate 3 and adore the owlbear cub. <3
I'm also writing a fanfiction for Attack on Titan and plan to incorporate my OC from Baldur's Gate into a fantasy story with a DnD/"high & dungeon fantasy" theme.

I'm curious about what others are creating in their own stories and worlds too.

Rexenm

Inkling
"Oh, it's you! Hi! Go away!" "I gave at the Hall of Records!" "The guy goes, and he... He keeps coming back, I don't get it. I wish he'd just go away, he'll probably do it again."