• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

An Englishman, twenty-six letters, and an idea...

Dan

Scribe
Hello to all on Mythic Scribes,

I shall start off with a brief introduction, I am, as the title suggests a resident of England, the North-East to be more specific, and my name is Dan, short for Daniel, but I dislike that name so let's just stick with Dan.

I am an animator/ artist by trade, but I have always had a soft spot for history, specifically the (in my opinion) grandmaster of all history related items, the Castle. There is something immeasurably fascinating about the structures, from a historical point of view - The people, the life style, the construction, and sieges, and also from an artistic point of view, there is something beautiful in having an imposing stone structure placed high upon a hill top, or rocky outcrop looking down over rolling hills, lakes, and old forests.

I have been writing fantasy literature for a total of around nine, or ten hours now.

I call it 'fantasy literature', but as this is really my first foray into this area, I very much doubt it will be of a good enough standard to be labelled as such. I do hope over the course of the coming weeks, months, and perhaps even years that I can improve, and not just in my writing style, but in every aspect related to writing.

I'm sure this will be a great place to start that journey.

I look forward to learning, hopefully helping others, and to achieving enough competence in my writing, research, and visions, that I can finish my first book, a rather bold attempt at a ninety-nine year history of a fictional landscape, constructed of historical chronicles (The good, and the bad (Tabloid style)), epic tales, and a few dozen rhyming bard poems, and perhaps a bawdy one thrown in for good measure.

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Welcome Dan,

I have been writing fantasy literature for a total of around nine, or ten hours now.

From this I see you have a great sense of humor. You'll fit right in.