• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Another Way to Create Character Conflict

arboriad

Scribe
Apologies if this has been done before, but this struck me as a great way to deepen character relations and development. Determine your protag's Myers Briggs personality, and then this article is cool for bouncing them off other people.

What Exhausts Each Myers-Briggs Personality Type
What Exhausts Each Myers-Briggs Personality Type | Thought Catalog

Are you familiar with 16personalities.com? They have an awesome lineup of descriptions for the personality types, which I'm bookmarking for ideas to develop my characters.

I'm Vladimir Putin and Hannibal! I love using this for both my characters and relatives. I don't think any test can truly measure all the nuance of personality, but since my most common types (INTJ/ISTJ/INTP/ISTP) are pretty spot-on about how I'm not a people person, it's at least a good way to start understanding how other people think. Especially you annoying extraverts. xD It's strange, I can very accurately answer the questions how others would answer them, but I still can't wrap my head around why they'd go about life that way.

I'd say the Truity Research Edition is probably the best free test, by the way. It gives multiple results, which is more realistic, since no one can be summed up in four letters. My mate scored every type, unsurprising because most people do score near the middle, though he definitely leans toward an ISFP. Sometimes I'm afraid I might break him. xD