• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Christmas Sale: The Throne of Ao

Hi everyone!

I am having a Christmas sale for my book in the War of the Ages saga, The Throne of Ao

It is now only $4.99. Available on Kindle and Nook.
Remember that you can read these on smartphones and computers with the free apps for Kindle or Nook.

Please visit Apocalypse Designs.com (my website) to find links to both the Kindle and Nook.

Here's the blurb:
What would you be willing to give up to save the life of a family member? The life of your best friend? A stranger's?

The Culling of Humeity has been killing humes of the world of Ao for ages. Feeding on magick, it affects the strongest of the hume race the most.

Val's mother succumbed to the Culling.

Val's elder is dying now.

Together with his best friend, Uri, he needs to find a cure to save his elder. A cure to save everyone. This is his Lifequest. This is how he will come of age or in failing, be lost forever.

The Throne of Ao stands towering over realms torn apart by war--it is a great mesa that houses mysteries of its own that were old when the world was new. Mysteries that may lead Val to the legendary Panacea. Here will be the site of Val's greatest trial.

Uri will be there beside Val and their friendship will be tested.

Will Val, Uri and the companions they meet on their journey be able to make the sacrifices necessary to save each other? To save Val's elder and those afflicted by the Culling? To save everyone?

The War of the Ages has begun anew...​

Thank you!
I appreciate your support!​

P.S. Review copies are available for reviewers with established blogs. Please PM me if you're interested.

Finally, if you've previously purchased the book but haven't read it yet, then you may want to re-download. Like most books, the first edition will usually have some errors/typos that miss our filters. Thanks!

BWFoster78

Myth Weaver
Zero,

If you don't mind me asking, how has the price drop impacted sales? I'm hungry for any hard data on marketing.

Thanks.

Brian

Zero,

If you don't mind me asking, how has the price drop impacted sales? I'm hungry for any hard data on marketing.

Thanks.

Brian

Hi Brian, I don't mind at all. It's done nothing to sales. I was a bit surprised, but I haven't really marketed it beyond my usual social networks.

Still, it was somewhat disheartening as I had several "fans" (in the sense that they are friends and family) tell me that they would buy it if it was less than $5. Now that it's less than $5 I realize that was just an excuse :p I was hoping for the friends and family sales to kickstart a nice rise through the rankings and coincide with my other releases. It was also somewhat more of a letdown because I had gone through and polished the book over again to remove modern references and fix some of the errors/poor choices.

Aside: It's definitely not written in a style you would approve, these were minor tweaks more than anything, but it was a significant amount of work and I felt it added some nice polish and handled some of the complaints.

If you want other sales data though, I've sold several of my math books since its free promotion (including a few borrows) and I attribute these almost entirely to the free promotion as most of my friends and family don't like math :p Borrows are nice because for a $0.99 eBook they actually generate more royalty (in the neighborhood of $2-3 as opposed to $0.35). Today I was only about 25K away from breaking into the paid bestseller list (after having risen 75K), but I was unable to solicit any additional sales.

My short fantasy story has only sold a handful of copies, although that was not released until after the free promotion (and I'm assuming a relatively small overlap between the genres).

I'm looking forward to the data that comes out with the next section of my math book and how a free promotion on the first will affect the second. At that point I will expand my marketing and reach out to try to get some book reviews on one or both of them as well. I will also be releasing some prequel short stories to my fantasy novel and some transition short stories to bridge the gap to the second novel and I am hoping those will move some copies as well.

My plan is to release 5-10 prequel shorts with one collected edition, 2 novellas and an additional 3-4 transition shorts before the second novel is released.

I am also diversifying my genres and releasing an additional 2 horror shorts and some other stories that have caught my eye (or my ADHD).

Now that they've nerfed the KDP free promotions, it seems a little counter-intuitive (unless you can move 1000s of free copies) to have a stand-alone free promotion. On the other hand, entry book free promotions still seem viable, so I will definitely be moving towards that sales model.

BWFoster78

Myth Weaver
Zero,

That's good information. Thanks!

Sorry to hear that the promotion didn't go as well as you had hoped.

If you do any other marketing, I'd love to hear what works and what doesn't.

Brian