• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Cover Photo in Portfolios

pmmg

Myth Weaver
How does one add a cover photo to a portfolio?

There is a check box that says check this to show the cover photo, but no place to add the photo.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Funny...I see the last time this was asked, I was the smart ass that tried to answer, but I was wrong...that does not work.

I see no way to do this.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
I went to my profile. (/community/account)
The heading on that page is Account Details
It shows my avatar in the right-hand column with a message to click on it to edit.
I did so, which brought up a series of images, but also the opportunity to Browse my local drive.

Does that get you what you want?

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I can get to account details and see and/or change my avi. But i dont see where I would set it as the pic for a portfolio.

I dont see a way to set the portfolio pic. I'll see if I can get some screen shots.

I added an album to see if it could be linked to but....nope.

Last edited:

pmmg

Myth Weaver
There is the button in editing a portfolio entry that says show a picture---but no place to add or link a pic.
1633-c75ed8f577b2c3088f732a0103433c42.jpg

There is where I think the Pic would show if I could add one.

full

Its not the same as an Avi.

There is a place in the account info to add the about the author stuff, which the portfolio pulls from. I think there may be a place where a pic is pulled from. Maybe it is hidden from users?

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
I can't seem to find the same page you are seeing, but I did get to Edit a Portfolio Entry and saw a checkbox down at the bottom for "Display cover image above entry" and no evident way to add the cover image in the first place. I've not used Portfolios in years, so I'm no help here.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Okay....Given our somewhat recent upgrade, I'm gonna assume we are on Xenforo 2.2.

Seems like and oversite in the program, and an Add-on might be needed to make this happen. Someone who works on the server would need to do it.

Cover Image Plugin