• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Deconstructing Creativity

rhd

Troubadour
I'm not much for self-help articles and stuff, I usually follow my own intuition and process, however this actually made a lot of sense, not just for writing:

Deconstructing Creativity: The 4 Roles You Need to Play to be Fully Creative - Litemind

The writer has attributed the ideas to another book at the end and I usually avoid those like the plague. I liked these parts though:

"Do not limit yourself to the tried and true. Read different books and see different movies from the ones you like. Also, don’t mind going after information “you’ll never use”. Seek many different areas of knowledge."

"Our minds deceive us. Be always aware and vigilant of your own biases. There are more ways than you can imagine that your thinking can go wrong. Really."

"The Judge gets a bad reputation – but only because people usually invoke him too early."---(I do this all the time)----"Killing an idea before the Artist can play with it is a pity; killing it later is oftentimes a necessity."

Read the rest if you need guidance, or if you disagree with some of it let your points be known. Either way processes are always interesting and it's good to share, you might learn from someone else's process.