• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Glitch in the Matrix

Malik

Auror
The motor in my CPAP is dying, so sometimes at night it makes noise.

Last night, the noise worked its way into my dream, as noises do. In my dream, I walked around an old house looking for the source of the noise. I opened a door . . .

. . . and was looking into my bedroom, where I could see myself and my wife sleeping. "Ah, it's the CPAP," I said to myself, and closed the door and went on with my dream--rambling around the house, talking to people, whatever.

The experience incorporated elements of lucid dreaming, elements of astral projection, and elements of dimensional travel. Arguably the most powerful dream I've ever had. I feel like I unlocked a new level. Psyched to see what tonight brings.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Maybe you should fix the cpap machine :)

Or is it a cpap machine? Maybe its them feeding stuff into you.

JBCrowson

Troubadour
The motor in my CPAP is dying, so sometimes at night it makes noise.

Last night, the noise worked its way into my dream, as noises do. In my dream, I walked around an old house looking for the source of the noise. I opened a door . . .

. . . and was looking into my bedroom, where I could see myself and my wife sleeping. "Ah, it's the CPAP," I said to myself, and closed the door and went on with my dream--rambling around the house, talking to people, whatever.

The experience incorporated elements of lucid dreaming, elements of astral projection, and elements of dimensional travel. Arguably the most powerful dream I've ever had. I feel like I unlocked a new level. Psyched to see what tonight brings.
Interestingly enough, we remember dreams when we awaken during them. If your CPAP isn't working then you may well be waking more and hence more likely to wake during a dream. Given how bad for you OSA is I would heed dragon's advice and get it fixed if you can.