• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello! I'm Hope, an author from Australia.

Hi! My name's Hope C. Dixon, and I'm... well, yeah, an author from Australia. Specifically Perth, the capital of Western Australia, the second-largest country subdivision after the Sakha Republic/Yakutia in eastern Russia.

I'm primarily interested in fantasy and science fiction - I'd say about equally, though sci-fi tends to feature more in my favourites. Some of my favourite authors are Ursula K. Le Guin, Adrian Tchaikovsky, Brandon Sanderson (though my opinions of his books vary pretty widely) and Andy Weir.

I'm currently writing the sequel to a novel I self-published in 2021 called The Ancient Wound. It's sci-fi-tinged fantasy in a diverse industrial world that I've spent a lot of time working on and I'm very invested in. I'm about 30% done with the first draft, about 36,000 words of a projected 120,000 - the second book is called Mud on the Boots of Kings and I plan to publish it next year.

I'm also writing a teen/YA short novel set in the far future in an O'Neill cylinder (a kind of giant rotating space habitat) which is meant to be relatively chilled out and slice-of-life, low stakes but in an interesting place.

I'm currently studying conservation and wildlife biology at university, and I also make digital art!

Pleased to meet you all!

Last edited:

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Howdy Hope Charlotte, Welcome to Scribes.

Congrats on the published novel, and I like the name for your second book.

R. R. Hunter

Troubadour
Welcome aboard! Don't be afraid to link to your work in your profile signature. If you are interested in Sci-Fi, I have to recommend my most favorite book ever "The Fall of Hyperion" by Dan Simmons. Of course, you'll have to read the first book "Hyperion" lol

Amazing Sci-Fi author! It's criminal that these books are not as widely known as they should be. Forget Frank Hubert, Dan is the Man!

Howdy Hope Charlotte, Welcome to Scribes.

Congrats on the published novel, and I like the name for your second book.
Thank you! So do I!

Welcome aboard! Don't be afraid to link to your work in your profile signature. If you are interested in Sci-Fi, I have to recommend my most favorite book ever "The Fall of Hyperion" by Dan Simmons. Of course, you'll have to read the first book "Hyperion" lol

Amazing Sci-Fi author! It's criminal that these books are not as widely known as they should be. Forget Frank Hubert, Dan is the Man!
Thank you as well! I wasn't sure if that was polite linking outside of the self-promotion section.

I haven't quite gotten around to Hyperion yet, but I definitely plan to. I'm really not a fan of Dune, funnily enough - I found it a slog. So we'll see what I think!