• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello my dear fellow writers of fiction!

MoSSurII

Scribe
After a long and arduous journey across vast and mysterious land known as the internet, yours truly has seen it fit that he seek permanent abode in this beautiful sanctuary known as... uhh... "Mythic" scribes...? What a curious name, from where yours truly comes, scribes merely make memorandums of the daily occurrences of the kingdom, announcements from his highness the King and other... not-very-mythic texts. How very curious indeed...

On a slightly more serious note, hi I'm Mossurii (Not my real name, just to be clear), please call Moss if you'd like. I lean more towards Sci-fi stuff but hope y'all can accept me all the same :D. I'm mostly a hobbyist so I'm really only here for a good time, even if just a fraction of it. So yeah, that's about it...

Welcome Moss, the frontier between science fiction and fantasy is incompletely mapped, with many whose work stands with a foot on either side of the border. And even if your visit is only a stop at an oasis on the journey to the promised land of authorial fulfillment, at least slake your thirst, water your camel and refill your gourd before you try the shifting sands once more.

MoSSurII

Scribe
Welcome Moss, the frontier between science fiction and fantasy is incompletely mapped, with many whose work stands with a foot on either side of the border. And even if your visit is only a stop at an oasis on the journey to the promised land of authorial fulfillment, at least slake your thirst, water your camel and refill your gourd before you try the shifting sands once more.
Yours truly shall have thou know that this "camel" thou speak of is, in fact, a dragon! And one who breaths the mighty flame of ambition, no less! Thoust dare insult me and my noble mount! I demand thou indulge yours truly in a duel of honor! But of course, where are my manners? Yours truly expresses the most sincere gratitude for thy gift of a quenched thirst and a renewed resolve for adventure.

Also just out of curiosity, I was filling out my profile's details and was gonna add a profile pic when it gave me the option of choosing their pre-provided PFPs, which are all Witcher characters- and nothing else, do you happen to know the story behind this? It did get a chuckle outta me but also instilled me with genuine curiosity lol

No idea about the witcher profile pic thing. Others on here from the start might know. Apologies to you and your steed, no offence intended.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I did not even know they were witcher characters. I am sure Black Dragon picked them when he was setting up the theme. I would guess he liked them.

Genuinely never noticed that they are all Witcher (gameplay) characters…

Maybe something to do with licensing, or maybe it was sponsored at the time.

MoSSurII

Scribe
I did not even know they were witcher characters. I am sure Black Dragon picked them when he was setting up the theme. I would guess he liked them.
Guess that does make sense, but at the same time it so random, like, there's other pieces of fantasy media which are 100x more influential than Witcher, so it could be a sponsorship like Finchbearer said, which I find pretty cool for some reason.