• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello to everybody

So, let's do this.

First, why did I pick 2WayParadox as my name? Clasically, a paradox is something that is seemingly contradictory, but can be true in a certain way. I've noticed that people, myself included, seem to have a lot of times when their behaviour seems paradoxical. But then, in other situations, the very thigns that made up the paradox are flipped around, creating the same paradox in reverse.

Forgive me for being abstract, it's hard to give an example of this, but I believe that someone who is used to investigating his or her own thoughts, will notice the seeming arbitrary nature of our being.

Moving away from that, I'm here for reasons I don't know yet. I've been thinking about and working on my ideas for a long time now, years. I've never taken the step of working out a full book yet, but I'm getting close to doing it. I've chosen to write some other works before I take the leap, so I can get some experience in what writing novels really is. The genre is very different, they're stories that focus on sexual exploration and emotional struggle. In short, erotic works with an attempt at depth. I don't see any sense in hiding this, I chose partly because they contain both action and emotion and I thought it would be good practice. Plus, I wnated to write them.

My end goal might be overambitious, I'd like to create a magnus opus of say 6 books. I've read several large series of about 10 books and I think it's too long, there's only so much story that a made up world can carry. But my core concepts are daunting and writing a story that spans a full continent, the size of eurasia (maybe smaller, I don't know yet) is currently outside my ability. So I decided on writing what can be considered a prologue, to become comfortable with the world and have a place to start from.

Well, I think that suffices as an introduction to who I am as a writer, I'll keep it at that for now.

My regards,
2WayParadox

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met 2WayParadox
This is a great place to share and learn waste time and discover things you never knew...
Every journey starts with the first step and all that.
Leap on in and paddle around; the water is warm and shiny and the sharks are well fed.
My name comes from the love of coffee that I have... a deep true love that will never die...

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Or a rich Italian with a hint of fig and dates... a good coffee should make me think of Souks and bubble pipe... but that's enough about my private life [Ahem...]

I actually did a bit of research on coffee a few days ago. Did you know that coffee can be grown in Japan?

I can't say I'm any kind of coffee export, but learning how to make top notch coffee is on my to do list. The rare cup I've had of really good coffee is just incomparable to your standard cup.