• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello!

k.lee

Acolyte
Hello, everyone, my name's Kami! I'm a student, writer, and musician among other things. I'm currently writing somewhere near the 17th draft of my fantasy novel. (The plot has changed at least 15 times lol) I love reading fantasy, suspense, and mystery, but one thing about me is that the books I read HAVE to have romance. Even if it's just a tiny subplot. It's nice to meet you all, I'm hoping to learn a lot and get writing advice.

dollyt8

Scribe
Hello fellow musician! I'm pretty new myself, but I'm excited to connect with other writers here. May I ask what instrument(s) you play?

dollyt8

Scribe
I play piano, flute, and recorder, and am learning guitar and cello (though very slowly). Piano is probably my favorite instrument, but guitar is becoming a close second! I'm trying to self-teach guitar though, so I'm not sure I'll ever get to the level I did with piano.

k.lee

Acolyte
I play piano, flute, and recorder, and am learning guitar and cello (though very slowly). Piano is probably my favorite instrument, but guitar is becoming a close second! I'm trying to self-teach guitar though, so I'm not sure I'll ever get to the level I did with piano.
I get that! I've been playing the trumpet for ten years now, so it's probably my favorite. I'm not a piano prodigy or anything, I just enjoy it and learn songs from YouTube when I can :ROFLMAO: I'm kind of self-teaching guitar, though my dad plays so he's helping me some. It's nice to meet other musicians!

dollyt8

Scribe
I get that! I've been playing the trumpet for ten years now, so it's probably my favorite. I'm not a piano prodigy or anything, I just enjoy it and learn songs from YouTube when I can :ROFLMAO: I'm kind of self-teaching guitar, though my dad plays so he's helping me some. It's nice to meet other musicians!
Wow, that's awesome! Good luck with guitar 😄

JBCrowson

Inkling
Welcome Kami, hope you learn lots from your time here. Don't give up on the self taught instruments - I'm self taught on piano and am now working my way through the etudes and ballads of Chopin. Half an hour three days a week; like a mortgage 25 years later you have a house.