• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

How have my characters meet?

Queshire

Istar
So, my main character is an average (male) high school student who gets supernatural powers and has to subsequently fight off horrible, hellish monstrosities, however before that, he has to meet my narrator / Mentor Mascot character who's basically a living blob of grape jelly.

Now, I'm currently considering having the mascot character (Bob the blob) just being their, sitting on the main character's bed when he wakes up on day but that's a blatant rip off of the manga The Lucifer and the Buscuit Hammer, and even if the readers don't relize it, I will. So do you have any other suggestions on how the two should meet?

EDIT: Ugh... *facepalm* I swear, my grammar and spelling gets worse each day...

Last edited:

Link

Acolyte
Idea:

the main character accidentally blows up a car or something and then the narrator rushes to see what's the matter. then, "Bob the blob" finds the main character lying on the road beside the car. That's just something.

arbiter117

Minstrel
Bob the Blob is in the supermarket in a jelly jar? and the MC buys him with the intent to make a delicious pbj sandwich?

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
MC finds 'Bob the blob' after a disaster in the chemistry class - his chem teacher is idly mucking around with things at the very fringes of your magic system without realizing it and somehow conjured or created 'Bob'.